Seul(e) Alone

Thursday 28 September 2023

Defragmentation


 I have been developing this work alone, without interference or influence, based solely on an online course I took with the Reina Sofia Museum which deals with the fragmentation of knowledge that occurs from Cubism. Thus, I intend to define a concept of defragmentation in my artistic process. However, I am in Brazil, where inversions of values have been defining the profile of Brazilians and Brazilian art, which is based on the appropriation of concepts and copyrights. I am an isolated artist, without market recognition, in view of the thesis that only artists with a university degree have the right to copyright recognition can claim rights over all artistic production that is not from artists with academic training, that is, the arts market in Brazil belongs to those who have academic training, meaning they can take ownership of projects by artists like me. I do not need to take ownership of any artistic project, even without an academic certificate, I can conceive, develop and argue my artistic projects myself, however few with academic training can do this without taking ownership of independent artists.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.